Saturday, February 26, 2011

Aqualung My Friend - Jethro Tull


In the spirit and admiration of EMZ. This has been a frustrating week. I've had bronchial troubles for the past three weeks and finally got in to see the doctor on Tuesday. When he finally found my prostate, he said it was 'just perfect' but my urine is still 'on the bitter side of normal'. I have really been thinking of switching to a board certified MD, but this Craig's List thing is so cheap!

Got some inhaler thing and advice to 'get some rest', so this has been a major step down week in running. I'll go out this morning for a 'long run' of only six miles. Shuffling through the streets, asking people, What's the matter with you boy?

So I cough, and my shoes atrophy, and I cough. I signed up for a 20K in late March at South Mountain. This is a new distance for me which means automatic PR practically nothing in the 2011 scheme of establishing a base. I have to say that I am more than mildly interested in trying some barefoot miles this Spring. More on that later. (He said moron!)

Out the door I go on a long slow run with a teenage labrador retriever. Ciao!!

4 comments:

RunningLaur said...

Hope it clears up soon - sick is the ick!

Anonymous said...

Get better soon! That's a long time to feel miserable.

The Boring Runner said...

I think we must have the same dr. Every time he says I need an 'exam'. Why are his hands always soil cold!?

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

Having a perfect prostate is pretty sweet!