Saturday, August 14, 2010

C2O Coconut Water Review

C2O Coconut Water

This is not the most tasty coconut product out there because it doesn't have added sugar or a chocolate coating. I bet Adam or Lauren could photo shop that in, but the reality is that C2O Coconut water is made for one thing -and it isn't to satisfy 12 year old sugar junkies. This product replaces essential minerals and rehydrates you quick. It's the water from the coconut so it doesn't have fat, has a few carbs, and all the potassium and magnesium you need after a tough soak in the hottub  10 mile neg. split run.


It's a bit pricey --this 17.5 ounce (what an odd quantity!! probably has an even amount in metrics  --nope, 520ml. My guess is that it has water from 3 coconuts) ..... this 17.5 ounce can cost @$1.75. You can find it in most overpriced small grocery stores that rhyme with Pouts, Hole Lewds, or GayRays.

Get it COLD! I would not want to drink this except ice cold. Haven't had it warm, but my Spidey Sense tells me it would not be pleasant. It might be improved with the addition of booze, but someone else would have to report that.

I will work in a few cans to the rotation of the RTP recovery system and will also try a few different brands. It's not the most exciting product, but it really feels like it helped me after my workout.

Overall ratingCupcake = pretty good product, take it for what it is worth, leaves me wanting MORE


8 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, you have Spidey sense!?! Thanks for the review. I am a huge coconut fan and think that I would like this stuff!

Enjoy your weekend!

Andrew Opala said...

Hey, hold on Mister! nothing for a couple of decades and now two posts in two days ... booze experiment starting shortly ... will let you know if I remember tomorrow

Andrew Opala said...

it's good with booze ... rum especially :) [hiccup]

The Boring Runner said...

I've always wanted to try this stuff, but I've heard that it is a laxitive (saw it on TV...so it has to be true)

What say you about those properties?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review!
I've drank actual fluid from a coconut and didn't like it a bunch, so I haven't tried these drinks yet. Maybe if I add something to it....

The Boring Runner said...

Posted about you today!

http://www.theboringrunner.com/2010/08/track-workouts-and-cherry-on-top.html

B.o.B. said...

I'm not a huge fan of the coconut water but I will tell you that if you haven't tried Nuun, it's the BOMB. Yeah, I still say the BOMB. LOL! Anyway, if you ever want to try it they sell it online and at amazon.com.

nthmost said...

I buy these cans by the case from the local co-op, Rainbow Foods.

Considering a whole fresh coconut can cost $1 at minimum and $2 usually, the quantity and price per can (something like $1.50 when you buy a case) is totally reasonable, especially when you don't have to do all the work of chopping and draining the coconuts!