Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fingers crossed, foam roller working?

Ran this evening after biking home from work. Is that a brick? I was worried about my right ITB, but it held up pretty good. I did get some pain, but ran anyway and clocked my PB for 5K. Finally made it under 30 minutes and felt like I could keep going. Had negative splits all the way and even ran sub 8 for the last 10th. But I had to get back home. Very happy with this run and with the foam roller.
I'll bike/commute again tomorrow, and hopefully get a run in with my wife and HJG in the BOB, and then its off to Colorado for T'giving. I hope to run while up there so I can log something different on the Garmin 305. We will be in Aurora. Have a wonderful and safe holiday with your families and run fast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a foam roller. I've been thinking about it for a while, but I'm afraid it'll end up with other fitness related gear in the corner of my house (stability ball, flexibility band, etc.) Hope it's working for you!

Running Through Phoenix said...

It's working great so far. I also got an itb band and ran 4.5 miles yesterday without pain. I'm running the Fiesta 1/2 this weekend with "When I get a little run run run" Lauren and we will see how it goes. Thanks for following me, I'll try to write entertaining blogs. Be good!