Sunday, November 8, 2009

I regress...

Not such a great week for running. I ran long on Sat last weekend with SRC then went until Tuesday afternoon when I ran a little over 4 miles on the Biltmore canal. But I had to walk a few times and was having a hard time keeping steady pace.  I wanted to run at about 10 and have 4 neg splits but was all over the place. I did satisfy my techie side by downloading Trailrunner for Mac. This is the Mac friendly Sportstracks. Until Sporttracks is available for Mac I will be using this 'free' software. They want $35 as a donation and if I end up loving it as much as I think I will., I will shell out. But come on Sporttracks!! You have a legion of Mac Garmin 305'ers who are waiting. Here is an ok Garmin 305 site for getting the most out of your Garmin, though I have gotten the most out of it by reading blogs.

I also need to send out  suggested Blog. DC Rainmaker is an ANIMAL!! Reading his blog makes me want to train 24 hours a day. He has great 'how to' guides, product reviews, and interesting insights into everything from turtles to traveling with your multi-gazillion dollar bike. Check out DC Rainmaker.

Also a nice local blog from someone who I have run with. runlaur is a cool blog for tracking a damn good runner who is getting better everyday. She has defected from SRC, but there is a chance that we will reconnect on future runs/races such as the Fiesta Bowl 1/2 in December (you have to eat a bag of Tostidos chips at mile 6).

I'll do anything to avoid the 'comeback' run. Have not run since Tuesday. I'll even post a blog. My wife is out running right now and I'll go later today and probably be reinspired, or maybe re-injure my left calf. I have a recurring left calf problem and I swear it's psychological! If I think about my calf during a run, it starts to act out. I'll post a follow up later today. Someone is allowing their dog to shit in my yard! Do they not see this big window??!?? Gotta go......

No comments: