Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Power of Suggestion

I like to study and know about things before I risk the experience. I have been reading online about the NYC Marathon and now I have the bug. My wife and I watched Meb, and now I think I want to run this race. I have no aspiration for Boston, Chicago, and some of the other top races, but NYC has my attention. It's about $185 to register and all the cost of getting and staying there, but I have in-laws in New York and I can't get it out of my head. So, on to San Diego.


(Ooops, hit the quote button) This marathon is on June 6, 2010 which happens to be my 44th b-day (born on 6-6-66). I'd like that race to be my first full marathon and if I am successful in getting my weekly base up, I'll be able to do it. I just want to finish, but I would also like to finish in less than 5 hours and still feel alive at the finish line. I have two 1/2 M's coming up this winter and will try to keep up the weekly routine while slowly increasing the mileage.

I am also bike-commuting to work now and will keep that up as much as possible in hopes of being ready to start road biking next fall and eventually the Tri stuff...... right? Hmm.




Finally got a follower. Thanks Maria! (wife).

Will run long tomorrow --the plan is for ten miles at a 10:30 pace.

No comments: