Saturday, September 4, 2010

Who Me?!!???

Jo Pa, 107 years young this year, taught me everything I know about coaching running
I was able to get out and run today with two newbies --guys I have worked with for the past bunch of years, and also Runlaur. Our mission was to go about 3 miles and enjoy the run, then have some coffee and  catch up. Mission accomplished! Runlaur and I ended up doubling back a couple of times to try to stay with them, so we got an extra 1/2 mile and we even got in our last 1/2 mile at a tempo pace. Now I know how Adam feels when he is arrested for lewd and lascivious behavior runs with people slower than him. It's still fun and a good workout!


Runlaur is running in a half marathon in Roswell, NM Monday, so she needed to take it easy, and I'm not a fast runner, so it worked out for all of us. Roswell is renowned for its extra terrestrial activity and scientific documentation of ET life, so I bet she comes back with some interesting stories.
They keep their babies in Weber barbeque grills. Freaks!






She is supposed to go on to Pennsylvania for work after the race, which we all know is a clear sign that she has already been abducted, probed, and is gathering information about us for the mother ship. Great -now they know my nickname and that I am pursuing a relationship with the now single Elin Nordegren. Dear ET's, We would like our relationship to remain PRIVATE!





Another really amazing thing happened out there on the canal. Lauren and I were RECOGNIZED! Another runner passed us and turned to say, 'you two are really famous around here'. She somehow knew me from my post about Coconut water, and everyone knows Lauren. That was cool. I was kind of stunned and didn't ask for her name to let my personal security service know to thank her and give her an online shout out. Hey thanks if you're reading this (or farewell if you are viciously deleting me from your blog list). RTP now has 44 followers and that's a cool thing. I also heard from an old pal Prefontainlives this week who is still running fast, though not as frequently as he used to. Toddlers around the house will do that to a running routine.

Back to today.. the three of us have decided to make our weekend runs a regular thing, and possibly join in on the Runners Den running club runs. Let's see how it goes. I was able to out in four nice runs this week, and my body feels good. Welcome to the newest Running Through Phoenix followers!

Win a @GuEnergyLabs sampler pack in the @TriciaRunning #giveaway http://tinyurl.com/2unkxwb

4 comments:

The Boring Runner said...

Oh Joe.... The next time you see him ask him what color the dinosaurs REALLY were.

Way to crank out the miles!! You're right, running is fun no matter what the speed.

That is so awesome that you were recognized!!! I have yet to have that happen to me. You will forever be known as "Hollywood"

MCM Mama said...

Sounds like a fun run! I enjoyed running with Lauren when we started the marathon together.

Mel said...

Hiiii!!!!! You are famous...44 followers??!! I have been out of the loop for too long! Glad to be back though. Can't wait to see what you have going on.

Adrienne said...

Famous now eh? Good for you. I don't know if anyone will recognize me while running unless they pop into my bedroom where my treadmill is then I'll be worried.