Saturday, September 11, 2010

That Was Different

Literally, the rectum of Phoenix

Got up and ran at a track today with my buddy Chris who is new to running. We found this track in Peoria that measures a mile in 4.25 laps. Almost nobody out there and we had a pleasant 4 mile run scheduled at 11:18 pace. We came in ahead of that and I was able to run the final mile at 9:15. My body wanted to run fast this morning and it was nice to still have that feeling after three warm-up miles.

This track is open to the public and has a typical soft surface, 4 lanes, nice grass, and some bleachers and tables so you can set your gear down while you donkey around in circles.

Chris got his new Timex and promptly set it for a sub 3:00 26.2 pace. I have referred him again to Runners Den for new shoes, Target for some tech fabric, and Fascinations for a massage stick.

This was a good week for running. Our 2YO kept us up Wednesday night so I didn't go out the next morning as planned, but did run Thursday evening, so I have kept to the plan. There is an idea floating around about strengthening my core. I just wish there were some website or blog or something with a plan for core workouts...... DING! Need to get back here and jump in. Seven miles on schedule for tomorrow morning, then a loop back through this weeks plan for two weeks before going ahead towards January RnR AZ. Happy Saturday!!


8 comments:

gene said...

great to hear that you are still able to get out and run! i need to buckle down and get out. i HAVE been doing the hardCORE workout every other day, but still need to incorporate running. hellloooooo! jeesh.

Her Name is Rio said...

Umm..what core workout? LOL.
Glad to hear you had a nice run day! I, on the otherhand, slept in instead. D-oh!

Adrienne said...

Open track in Peoria you say? I'm in Peoria. I thought you were on the other side of the city. Ya I've been slacking on HCC, but I'll get on that right after I finish this icecream.

Julie said...

It sounds like you had a nice track workout! I wish that there was a nice track that I could run on. My daughter's high school has a wonderful track but it is always locked up and only students are allowed to run on it. Bummer! Good luck with your 7 miler:)

Adam said...

They have those "massage sticks" that vibrate and are heated there, right?

Way to rock out that last mile!

Amy said...

This is a very nice post, so informative and interesting. Thanks for sharing such a great post.


zbsports

Molly said...

ugh, I need to do core work too, I'm so bad about it, but it needs to be done!! The track workout looks like a nice change of pace.

Jamoosh said...

"... the rectum of Phoenix"

Chuckling!

Still Chuckling...